Looking for all of the Black Friday Info? Don’t miss My Comprehensive Guide to the Black Friday Ads 2017.
Whether you choose to shop this Black Friday or not, there are plenty of deals to be had. It’s no surprise, some of the best bets can be found in toys and electronics. But other items are at their lowest price of the year. Read the Top 5 Categories of Black Friday Deals along with where you can find them this week!
Some of the prices are already online and others will become available on Thursday and Friday. Some deals available only in store. Prices will change outside of sale window. When possible, I’ve added links before but please understand they may not yet be valid or depending on when you view this post may have expired.
Towels and Sheets
Believe it not, the deals on towels and sheets are actually lower on Black Friday than during the traditional White Sales of January. You can find bath towels for as low as $1.60, pillows for $2.99, and 1100 count sheets for $19.99. Here are the best deals if towels and sheets are on your list this year.
- Walmart: Bath towel or 6-ct. washcloths ($1.60)
- Target: Room Essentials™ Bath towel, 2-ct. hand towels, or 8-ct. washcloths ($2)
- Kohl’s: The Big One Bath Towels ($2.99)
- Meijer: Ultra Spun Bath Towel $2.99
- JCPenney: Home Expressions 100% Cotton Bath Towel ($2.99)
- JCPenney: JCPenney Home Classic Standard/Queen Pillow ($2.99)
- Meijer: R+R Supersize Pillow $2.99
- Walmart: Hotel Style 1,100 Count Sheets in Queen and King ($24)
Holy Flat Screen, Batman. If you need a TV, this is definitely a year to buy it. Deals vary from store to store and brand to brand. Personally, if I were in the market, I’d buy at Meijer, Best Buy, or even Kohl’s to take advantage of cash back/coupon offers and rewards points. Here are the best deals as I see them.
- Best Buy: Sharp 50″ LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV Roku TV ($179.99)
- Kohl’s: Haier 55″ 4K Ultra HDTV ($299.99) Plus $90 Back in Kohl’s Cash
- Target: Polaroid 32″ LED TV ($89.99)
- Target: Westinghouse 55″ 4K Smart UHD TV ($249.99)
- Walmart: Element 39″ Class Smart TV ($125)
- Walmart: Smart 55″ Class 4K Smart TV ($298)
- Meijer: VIZIO 48″ Smart LED TV ($199.99) – Thursday only
If someone you love has a Kindle, Echo, or FireTV on their wishlist this year, Black Friday is your day to buy for sure. Amazon will slice the prices on these items to the lowest throughout the year and other big box retailers will compete on the same level. My pick for the Kindle is actually Meijer because if you’re doing other shopping and use mPerks, you’re likely to trigger coupons and rewards. Or spend more than $50 at Target on Friday, November 24th and you’ll trigger a 20% off a future shopping trip coupon, too.
- Beginning November 19th: Kindle Paperwhite ($89.99)
- Beginning November 23rd: Amazon Cloud Cam ($99.99)
- Beginning November 23rd: Echo Plus ($119.99)
- Beginning November 23rd: Fire 7 ($29.99)
- Beginning November 23rd: Fire HD 8 ($49.99)
- Meijer: Amazon Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa ($29.99)
- Target: Amazon Fire TV Stick ($24.99)
- Target: Amazon Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa ($29.99)
Small Kitchen Appliances
My favorite of all of the Black Friday deals are always the small kitchen appliances. For years I’ve picked up crockpots for less than $5 or new toasters or coffee makers for less than $10. Here are my favorite 2017 offerings:
- Target: Crock-Pot 4.5-qt. manual slow cooker ($10)
- Walmart: Black and Decker Air Swivel Upright Vacuum ($28)
- Walmart: Instant Pot Lux 5 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker ($49)
- Meijer: Crock-Pot Express Cooker ($49.99) – Get a Coupon Good for $20 Off Your Next Shopping Trip – Thursday
- Meijer: KitchenAid 4.5 Qt. Classic Plus Stand Mixer ($149.99) – Get a Coupon Good for $50 Off Your Next Shopping Trip – Friday
- Kohl’s: KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer ($ 199.99) After $40 Mail In Rebate Plus Get $60 Back in Kohl’s Cash
- Kohl’s: Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt. ($79.99) Plus $15 Back in Kohl’s Cash
- Kohl’s: Assorted Small Household Appliances ($4.99) After $12.99 Mail in Rebate
- JCPenney: Cooks 1.5-qt. Slow cooker, Mini Chopper or 2-Slice Toaster ($4.99) after $5 Mail-In Rebate
- JCPenney:Assorted Household Small Appliances ($7.99) after $12 Mail-In Rebate
Toy deals vary greatly from store to store and can be difficult to track depending on what you’re looking for. Here are some of favorite picks for 2017.
- Meijer: 5 Minute Story Books ($5) – Thursday
- Meijer: Select Games ($5 and $9) – Thursday
- Meijer: Nintendo Switch ($299.99) – Get a Coupon Good for $30 Off Your Next Shopping Trip – Thursday
- Walmart: 55″ Giant Plus Bear and Unicorn ($20)
- Walmart: 36 Piece Sharpie Set ($10)
- Walmart: Golden Lynx Hatchimal Egg ($49.98)
- Target: 3-ft. giant bear ($10)
- Target: Free $20 Target GiftCard when you buy any Hatchimals Glittering Garden ($54.99)
- Amazon: Up to 35% on Melissa & Doug Toys and Furniture
My book is now available: Slaying the Debt Dragon: How One Family Conquered Their Money Monster and Found an Inspired Happily Ever After. You can also check out The Debt Free Devotional on Kindle.
This post contains an affiliate link. That means when you get a great deal or maybe even something for free, you also help our family pay off our mortgage early. And for that, we royally thank you!